THE EVOLUTION OF PERFECTION
The Evolution of Perfection is a fitting tagline for the longest-standing, most decorated full-face helmet model in the SHOEI lineup, the RF. The process of improving is a constant evolution, and with a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, we pushed our resources and technologies to the brink, utilizing our state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, extensive array of proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the all-new RF-1400. SHOEI’s lightest and most compact SNELL-approved full-face helmet model, the RF-1400 has evolved the pursuit of perfection to the next level.
Developed and refined in SHOEI’s state-of-the-art, in-house wind tunnel facility from the very beginning stages of life, the RF-1400 boasts impressive improvements in aerodynamic performance, including a 6% reduction in lift and a 4% reduction in drag (as compared to the RF-1200). Optimal shell aerodynamics not only improves the helmet’s ability to cut through air, it also contributes to a welcomed reduction in wind noise without blocking the road’s valuable informative sounds.
ADVANCED NOISE REDUCTION
- Optimal shell aerodynamics reduce wind noise around the helmet
- Vortex Generators on the sides of the shield reduce wind turbulence
- All-new, airtight window beading provides wind/waterproof seal
- New, voluminous cheek pads and removable ear pads further restrain wind noise inside the helmet
- The RF-1400 provides an incredibly quiet riding experience without blocking the road’s informative sounds